Monday, October 15, 2007

Its in the Mail as they Say

Who is they, they is (I know its not proper grammar) AbeBooks. Enroute to purchasing the book for class I used the website AbeBooks. I discovered them the way it seems most people discover anything on the web, Google. Sponsored link specifically. Since this is a comparrison to Amazon.com I would give the experience and less than Amazon, mark. The site is built similar and so is the navagation but this is where the similarities ended. I found it difficult to find the book even though I knew exaclty what I was looking for. The purchasing of the book was easy enough. It uses paypal for which I have an account but I still had to register to be an AbeBooks member. Something I despise doing if I don't have to. I know why they are making me register, information is valuable. I do get it but why force me when I am only making a one time purchase. I would rate the experience much higher if not for this.

Then the waiting game began. Immediately after my purchase I received verification of my purchase and even a verification that it had shipped. Great! 12 days ago I got that message, 12 days. When I called I heard the words I knew I would, "It's in the mail". It was inevitable and bad service. Perhaps they orderd from Amazon before sending it to me. Either way its been 12 days and no book for me. Stay tuned for more, I know I will be.

No comments: