Saturday, October 20, 2007

Water, Water everywhere and thats what you should Drink

Water is without a doubt the building blocks of life. But, did you know water can be just the thing to cut those unwanted and unnecessary calories in your diet. Studies show that nearly 20% of our calorie intake per day comes from liquids. Coffees, carbonated drinks, energy drinks, etc are major culprits in people struggle against weight gain. I know for coffee drinkers this could be considered blasphemy but, cutting these drinks out can be the equivalent of a trip to the gym. Strictly on a calorie count basis. There are even more reasons to switch to water than calories.
  • Flush out toxins
  • Reduce your risk of heart attack
  • Help with joint and muscle pain
  • Boost your metabolic rate
  • Improve organ function
  • Keep you regular
  • Prevent headaches
  • Promote healthy skin
  • Regulate body temperature
  • Get energized and improve alertness
Water is not the most exciting thing in the world to drink but, adding some lemon or a dip or two of a tea bag can add some flavor without breaking the calorie bank. Studies have even begun to determine that water can keep you alert and motivated better than coffee as well. I know, I know. This thinking is revolutionary but perhaps this story may make my case. I have never had a cup of coffee. Its true. I am a working man, college graduate who has never had a cup of coffee. Even still I am able to maintain myself through the day and perform tasks just as well as everyone else. So give water a try it just may change your life.

No comments: